Orioles trying to trade Norris

wildcard

I think some may see this as a non starter but I think DD has a good chance of trading Norris. Not one for one but as part of a bigger deal. Kind of like I will take on your bad contract for my bad contract.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/bud-norris-trade-orioles.html

Here is an example:

O's get from the Reds: Jay Bruce (17M left of his contract) and Marlon Byrd (2.7M left)

Reds get one on (Mike Wright, Tyler Wilson, or Zach Davies), plus (Christian Walker or Dariel Alvarez) plus Snider through 2016, Reimold through 2016, plus Norris (3m).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only team that will take Norris is a team that isn't really in the playoff hunt (but isn't a lost cause like the Phillies) that just needs an innings eater at the back end of their rotation. Assuming the Orioles eat a good chunk of his salary, they could then evaluate him for themselves and see if he is worth bringing back in the offseason (like an audition).

A lot like what the Royals did with Jeremy Guthrie in 2012. He was pitching horrendously with Colorado (Like Norris) and they just shipped him off to the Royals for nothing where he pitched better and was able to land a contract with them.

You believe this? The Royals and Blue Jays would start him tomorrow.

Thanks for your help Weams btw.

To the Norris point, here is my beef: why trade him now? DD needs to take some stock market 101 on buying low and selling high. He had all offseason to sell Norris, find a replacement for Cruz if he didn't want to give him an extra year and find a replacement for Matusz. Nothing, crickets.

Now he is looking to unload Norris. He won't get anything. Just keep him in the bullpen at this point IMO and use him as insurance. That's what I would do. Trading him is pointless.

They need to do some deep introspection and realize that trading Crush and Chen may significantly help their farm system in years to come. Heck, you could trade one of those pieces and get another bat and still compete in a weakened AL East.

If we had that bat now, we might be winning some of these games. The past 2 games have been very winnable. Frustrating.

I think the only team that will take Norris is a team that isn't really in the playoff hunt (but isn't a lost cause like the Phillies) that just needs an innings eater at the back end of their rotation. Assuming the Orioles eat a good chunk of his salary, they could then evaluate him for themselves and see if he is worth bringing back in the offseason (like an audition).

A lot like what the Royals did with Jeremy Guthrie in 2012. He was pitching horrendously with Colorado (Like Norris) and they just shipped him off to the Royals for nothing where he pitched better and was able to land a contract with them.

This is a good scenario. It's not like his velocity is down, he has had command issues all season. Maybe someone else can tweak him and set him right.

Thanks for your help Weams btw.

To the Norris point, here is my beef: why trade him now? DD needs to take some stock market 101 on buying low and selling high. He had all offseason to sell Norris, find a replacement for Cruz if he didn't want to give him an extra year and find a replacement for Matusz. Nothing, crickets.

Now he is looking to unload Norris. He won't get anything. Just keep him in the bullpen at this point IMO and use him as insurance. That's what I would do. Trading him is pointless.

They need to do some deep introspection and realize that trading Crush and Chen may significantly help their farm system in years to come. Heck, you could trade one of those pieces and get another bat and still compete in a weakened AL East.

If we had that bat now, we might be winning some of these games. The past 2 games have been very winnable. Frustrating.

You trade him for salary relief and for flexibility. Before Garcia comes back to fill his bullpen role.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Robbie Ray has the 10th-best FIP in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLB?src=hash">#MLB</a> (2.63) among starters with at least 50 IP.</p>— Beyond the Box Score (@BtBScore) <a href="

">July 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm a Robbie Ray fan. Like some folks are Eduardo fans.

Archived